Friday 19 October 2007

Day 1 Two Sheets of Plywood

Visited the local builders merchant about 10am, returned with 2 sheets of 4mm ply and started drawing out the plans at 11:22am



13:46 Cutting started.... there's a line there somewhere. Notice full compliance with Health and Safety.



14:20 Cutting is much quicker clamping 4 pieces together. So 32 major cuts were reduced to 8.




14:28 My trusty Stanley block plane in action again. I inherited it from my Dad and its over 50 years old, but its one of the best tools I have. It works really well on ply end grain due to the low blade angle.



15:21 The weather was perfect... just look at that sky. You can also see my solar panel that heats hot water.



16:02 All 16 planks cut. The design has 4 planks per side, symmetrical front and back.

No comments: